Preparation : 15min. | Cook : 10min.
- 4 Limousin AOP Apples
- 250 ml syrup for each apple
- 250 ml water, 250 g caster sugar
- 1/2 l custard
- 20 AOP walnuts from the Périgord
- 8 to 10 chestnuts, roasted and peeled
- 150 ml Ratafia (or similar apple-based sweet liqueur, optional)
- 1 chocolate bar
- Peel, core and cut the apples into small spheres, using an apple curette
- Place the apples balls in a stainless steel saucepan, cover them with the syrup flavoured with ratafia, and cook for 6 min approximately, then cover and leave to cool. Drain the apple spheres. Mix the apple trimmings (the apple flesh remaining after cutting the spheres) and incorporate them in the cooking syrup to prepare a fine conserve, which will perfume and lengthen the flavour of the custard.
- Garnish the bottom of each dish with, custard and distribute the apple spheres, walnut kernels, chestnuts on top. Cover generously with chocolate chips cut with a vegetable peeler.